Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

brahma (student)     10 May 2014

Registration procedure for 20 years back sale deed

registration procedure for 20 years back sale deed 

hi this is Murali Para ,recently my father died unexpectedly.After that we found a sale document which that property belongs to my father only which he purchased 20 years back.Later my father's sister came and living with us as a combind family without any disputes.On that property we have built houses individually.But they are paying electricity,water house tax bills on their names.But property belongs to us.In what way we can get that property?
how we can register that ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rahul Choudhary (Student)     10 May 2014

1. You can to ask the person to get the land registered to your name.

2. You can check the validity of the sale agreement, if its infinite

then file a case if the person refuses to register it in you name.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     10 May 2014

If he has left a unregistered sale deed dated 20 years back, it is no valid now. You have to search around the seller who had made this deed 20 years back. If he is not there u have to convince his legal heirs for registration of this property through new sale deed, which they heed or refuse  your request. Otherwise you are living  in a property which not yours ,in spite of maintaining  all revenue records up to date.

Nitisha Jain (Associate Lawyer)     10 May 2014

Hi,

You may enter into a new Agreement for Sale with the original seller or his legal heirs. You may also have to pay the requisite stamp duty and the penalty for non-stamping the document earlier (in case not stamped) and get the same registered now.

Property tax receipts are not documents for title so that should not be an issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitisha Jain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register