LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dimple Shah (prop)     10 April 2013


My father is a landlord (mumbai) and he aslo is having flats in the building....

Such premises comes under Maharashtra rent act....

1.) Can such falts be registered in his name....?

2.) If any of the exiting tenant is now a US citizen or a Green Card Holder, staying six months in US and Six Months in India. Does such tenants will continue to have any rights with such premises.....?




 1 Replies

sibojyoti chakrabarti (advocate)     11 April 2013


         If your father is a landlord and also has flats which he must have purchased, then it must be registered in his name. Since in case you have any trouble in removing any tenants from the rented flats then it will be a difficult situation. I flat which is not registered does not convey any right,title and interest on the owner, and further to establish the same, it must be registered with the jurisdictional registration office.

If you have any more querries you can mail me at:



With Regards;

Sibojyoti Chakrabarti


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register