LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Manager)     02 December 2016

Registering fir for non-cognizable offence.

Dear Members, Police Station Incharge has registered FIR for non-cognizable offence and now investigation is pending. Offence took place 5 months back. What can I do teach such police officials a lesson ? Pls help me. rgds. This is seriously a issue of criminal procedure as section 155(2) deals with the non-cognizable offence. Is there any case law, in which police official has been suspended for showing such negligence/intentionally blackmealing of accepting bribes. Regards,


 1 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 December 2016

Police can not investigate in NCR ( Non cognizable report ),  unless there is order of court to investigate under Sec 155(2) Cr.P.C.

You have to obtain order from court first.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads