Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

npraveen   04 January 2017

Registering a new vehicle in pune but purchased in jaipur from csd canteen.

I have purchased the new car from BSF canteen, JODHPUR(RAJASTHAN).This car is exempted from all taxes. The car has temporary registration of Rajasthan , I want to register my new vehicle in Pune . I am providing RTO Pune with the registration amount and all the documents are clear of my car. But RTO pune is not allowing me to register the vehicle in Pune unless paying vehicle entry tax. I got to know from BSF and Canteen that tax is exempted to defence personals to register the vehicle .Is there any such provision of tax exemption for CSD purchased vehicle or vehicle purchased by army/BSF/CISF persons from Canteen?

 1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 January 2017

Immediately file RTI Application to CPIO of Canteen or BSF/ARMY/CISF and get certified copy of the circular.  If they have e mail, seek such information by e mail.  Mostly, these circulars might have been uploaded in their website, and even if they can provide the link, you can produce the same to Pune RTO.

Information solicited:

1)Please provide me copy of circular/notification/order that states Road tax exemption for purchase of vehicles from canteen by Army/BSF/CISF personnel.

There is no format of application for RTI and this can be in the form of a letter accompanied with postal order of Rs.10/- fvg.Accounts officer of that wing. and payable at their office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query