LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek (student)     17 June 2013

Regarding rti act: section 8(h)

Dear Experts,

What is the significance of Section 8(h) of RTI Act 2005. If someone has been falsly implicated in a criminal case and he wants to prove his presence in his office at the time of occurence of alleged incident.can he get his certified attendence from his office(which is govt) through RTI or not?


 6 Replies

Hemang (Advocate)     17 June 2013

Would any dishonest officer certify your presence in his office, more particularly, when the prosecution against you is pending? However, you may apply. If rejected, you may prefer an appeal and can appeal upto the level of chief Commissioner of Information.

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     18 June 2013

Information relating to attendence can be given. 




Based on your query version,your case doesn't come under any exemption clause.Therefore,you can happily ask for certified copy of attendance on a particular date.It's an information which should be given to any citizen 'suo motto'.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.




vivek (student)     18 June 2013

Then sir what is the meaning of section 8(h) of RTI act........ will the court consider my presence at office which is 1400 kms away from the place of said incident.




Look,I can't educate you online.The stright-forward reply from my side is if you were present at that day in the office as your attendence shows,you can use RTI to show your presence.Apply for Certified copy.


Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.


[Last reply to this thread]




venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     18 June 2013

You can get information under RTI. You can set up plea of alibi in court. Pl. consult your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query