Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aspirant   20 March 2024

Regarding promotion in state administrative services through pcs

Hello,

I want to ask that if in this service , 1st batch joins ten years after 2nd 3rd and 4th batch due to the mistake of state government then who will be considered senior batch And which batch should be given promotion first and the late joining comes as the exam gets cancelled at that time and after some years the exam is reconducted and then the results are published. Guide me please, which batch should be given the benifits of seniority

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 March 2024

Seniority for promotion of an employee counts / starts from the date of appointment / joining the department / organisation but not the date of examination or re-examination or any of the1st/ 2nd/3rd or 4th batch.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2024

Prima- facie one cannot be junior to a persn seleced in subseuent recruitment year.

please narrate facts  of the case instad of setting quesion paper for promotion examination.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2024

It seems to be an academic query because it lacks details.

The question is who will get seniority for the prmotion i.e., the person who joins first or the person joined the employment later on.

The normal promotion policy will be based on the seniority howver if the selection for promotion is based on any written examinations within the department then the date of acqusition of that qualification would be the criteria for promotion. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2024

please come with facts of the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register