Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind singh   21 September 2016

Regarding legal size blank signed sheets given to advocate

Dear Experts,

My previous lawyer got four legal size blank papers signed by me for purpose of case. Two of these papers got used for filing affidavit and petition. I asked him to return rest of two legal size blank sheets to me. Now he is giving different reasons to not return them which is making me loose my confidence in him. Once he is saying that he lost them & another time he said I gave him two and not four of those blank sheets signed by me. I am afraid that he might handover those blank legal size sheets signed by me to the opposite party and they may use it illegally against me. I realize that made mistake by signing blank sheets by trusting my lawyer. I am worried. My queries are:

How to handle this situation and prevent damage to myself from this mistake of mine?

Can opposite party use those blank signed sheets to fraudulently get divorce (mutual consent or contested) from me in Court?

Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     21 September 2016

you have to trust your Advocate

Siva (Lead)     23 September 2016

Yes,correct sir, but As a lawyer, He has to explain the reason for asking blank signed paper from client. Also we have to observe the response from the lawyer below.

"Now he is giving different reasons to not return them which is making me loose my confidence in him."

@Govind, you can ask lawyer to send the legal document to your address by courier and read the content and always sign. Not only in this case, Always you have to follow this.

Please don't repeat this even to your close friends, relative or even your sibiling. this is my personal advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register