LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Singh   13 November 2018

refusal to marriage

I met a girl through online advertisement. We did verbal yes no other ceremony or exchange of gifts. But after talking to the girl on phone for few days I felt compatibility issues. Now the girl father and uncle are putting pressure on me to marry her. I stay alone in a rented room. They have visited my house twice to convince me and pressurize me. What can I do?

Learning

7 Replies

TGK REDDI   13 November 2018

You can do anything your sweet heart desires.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 November 2018

Tell them that you are no more interested in the alliance in plain language.  It may appear to members that you have carried your relationship further and you have apprehension that something might be recorded as available in evidence.  (If you can afford, contact a detective and get entire information on her.  There are hundreds of such instances in several cities, that girls are duping selected innocent gentlemen, lured them, blackmailed them).  Take steps before it is too late.  All this if you have not taken any advantage by making promises over the phone or what's up and you are clean/innocent.

Arun Singh   13 November 2018

I have only done general talking with the girl over phone. We have only verbally said that we are ok with the relation and boy girl can talk to get familiar with each other. Can you please tell me the exact steps I can take when they come to my place to pressurize me?

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 November 2018

Yes, you cannot be compelled against your informed decision or wishes.

Arun Singh   14 November 2018

How can I prevent that from happening? Can I file a police complaint?

TGK REDDI   14 November 2018

Be calm.     That's all.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2018

Woo !!!!

Great to fell in love in the first dialogue with the girl !!!!

Change your rented accommodation/ station without any information to anyone else God. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register