Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajindia (owner)     12 January 2014

Refusal to accept bank guarantee documents by bank

Hello,

I had personally visited a branch of Bank of Maharashtra to invoke the bank guarantee. However, the bank official of duputy branch manager rank refused to accept original bank guarantee provided to my this branch and also the my covering letter mentioning to invoke (encash) it.

I understand that the person's mother who had provided the bank guarantee to me works at the same or another branch of the same bank. Moreover, the person's father forced me to go to the nearby police station and the station in-charge grilled me for at least two hours for no fault of mine. It was therefore clear that the person's relatives who issued the bank guarantee to me are very influential and for these reasons the bank personnel refused to accept the documents. I then went ahead and submitted the documents at the bank's head office in Pune, which later on encashed it for me.

I want to know if I can sue the bank for refusing to accept the bank guarantee documents and invoke it on demand in the first instance. If yes, how soon I must initiate the legal proceedings against the bank after this incidence? Please advise.

Thank you and best regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     13 January 2014

please complained your nearest RBI and govt. financial authority or you can go on the sight of RBI Complained ........

Shirish Beke (Management Consultants)     13 January 2014

Hello,

It appears that the head office of the bank took corrective steps by accepting the invocation demand. Although this was not done by the branch, as it should have, no action can now lie against the bank.

You may however seek remedial damages for the mental and probably physical harassment faced by. you. You may succeed in Consumer's court although pecuniary damages, if awarded, would be minimal, should you choose so for gross deficient services.

You may also bring it to notice of RBI by registering a complaint under copy to Bank branch and Nodal Customer service Officer at Head Office.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register