LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surendera M. Bhanot (CEO)     10 September 2011

Refund of advance payment

I have paid an advance for booking of a goods/service on hire to be utilised on a particular day after two months. But in the meanwhile the event was cancelled and I didnot want that service any more. I asked the vendor to cancell the order and refund my advance amount paid to him.

He refused to return the advance payment on the plea that the service once booked cannot be cancelled. He has also printed this on his Order Book.

I want to know the following:

a. Am I a consumer?

b. Is this a consumer dispute?

c. Can I get the refund under the Consumers Protection Act 1986?

d. can I ask for the interest, cost and compensations for mental agony, harrassment etc.?



 3 Replies

pervez (adviser)     10 September 2011

You have not indicated whether u had an agreement in writing with service provider or it was just an oral agreement / promise. If it is in writing, definitely it would be covered  under the definition of ' service' and u can get remedy... if not in writing it would be difficult to prove in the forum.

Surendera M. Bhanot (CEO)     10 September 2011

Thanks for your prompy reply Mr. Pervez.

There is an Order Bookimg Voucher and the avance amout has been shown in it. This is a Bound Book with Serial Numbers sta,pmed on it. I have customer copy with me. 

Surendera M. Bhanot (CEO)     10 September 2011

Please find attached a Notice  sent to the Vendor, which is self explict.

Now I wonder if I fit in the defibation of a "Consumer". I want to be sure before I file the complaint with the Cobsumer Xomplaint Redressal Forum


Please help!!!

Attached File : 38125 208645 57 notice under cpa to bittu fashinoers.doc downloaded: 132 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register