FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhoomika (Engineer)     09 April 2014

Red corner notice (crpc 125)

Can someone tell me if it is possible to extradite foreign citizen husband for non payment of maintenance. I am 28 years and it has been 5 years our relationship broke. Me and my husband barely stayed together. He came to india and with some neighboring contacts i met him and liked him and found that he was perfect for me. So after a week we got engage and then we got married in court however we did not stay together on one roof even for a single day. He married me simply for visa purposes. However on the 3rd week we started developing differences and we started having argument on every little things so out of nowhere i got mad and told him that i can't live with him and we should divorce each other. So he came to court next day to divorce me but my lawyer asked me to file 498a instead of divorce and the moment my husband found out he left india. After that as per my lawyers advice i filed crpc 125 and until today the summons is not served. Now moving forward it has been 5 years and now my husband is scared to come india and he wants to give me divorce only if i withdraw all cases with no alimony but my lawyer has filed another application of red corner notice and also to serve my husband abroad. My lawyer is saying that he will get me exparte divorce after maintenance is expartied and from that he gets his percentage but i highly doubt my husband will pay me anything. My lawyer first had me sign for legal aid asking for free legal assistance and court has appointed my lawyer as my legal aid.  Also Lower court judge has already signed my red corner notice application. May i know if this is ever going to happen or is this something that may take place  years and years. What is the purpose of my lawyer applying for legal aid ? does he want to leave my case or is it something else ? He is saying that he gets some Rs 2000 or so each time my case is on board. I am super confused the way my lawyer is doing things.


 2 Replies

dv (ghvhb)     10 April 2014

Bhoomika ji Sorry to say but you have been mislead. First you have to make up your mind what you want. Second 498 is a criminal case which you have to.prove and its lengthy. Third no rcr can be issued for such nonsense as interpol dies not even entertain such absurd requests Get a able lawyer and get the divorce ...move on and give life a chance. You will be happy you did. Therr is a lot more to see achieve and enjoy to nake life fruitful then these time and money consuming cases where only one person is benefit ting ......the lawyer Make up you mind and get another lawyer and tell him what you want not what he wants $$$$

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     10 April 2014

u r screwed by ur lawyer.

he is taking money from govt. as well as you.

now keep fighting for the whole life.

ur husband has rightly absconded and now happy abroad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query