Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreehari B   10 July 2022

Rectification deed to modify survey number in 2 prior original sale deeds

Dear Sir / Madam,

We recently bought a Plot in a Housing Board layout.
The plot was originally owned by TNHB and allotted to the Seller from whom I recently purchased the plot.
The survey number is wrongly mentioned in the Original Deed (b/w TNHB and Seller) and the Sale Deed (b/w Seller and Myself).
Now I plan to execute a Rectification Deed to correct the mistake in the Survey number.

Request you to please answer the below queries;
1. Should we make 2 Rectification deeds, 1 for the Original Deed and another for the Sale Deed. (or) Should I make 1 Rectification deed common for both the previous deeds.
2. In case of a common Rectification deed, Can all 3 parties (TNHB + Seller + Myself) sign the single rectification deed ? Is this allowed ?
3. Alternately, Can I directly approach the Original Owner/Promoter (TNHB) and get the rectification deed signed between Myself and TNHB ? Would this be legal ?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 July 2022

The TNHB shall execute a rectification deed to the ist buyer and he (your seller) shall execute a rectification deed in your favour.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 July 2022

I agree with the expert advise of Mr. Kavksatyanarayana.

ravi suhane   07 September 2024

Further questions:

What it first buyer is not traceable or not cooperating . 

Can builder /promoter and current owner sign the rectification deed ? As the precious ownerr has no more rights and already sold all items rights to present owner. If previous owner is no longer interested in anything related to property who else can challenge this rectification if dome between builder and the present owner?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register