Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leo (abcd)     19 June 2012



I am an NRI and fighting a divorce case in India. My case was recently transferred to Bangalore by Supreme Court order as the girl family resides in Bangalore. I am looking to appoint a lawyer with Vakalatnama to present me on the further hearings. My father has a Power or Attorney on my behalf but he is over 55 years of age and resides in Delhi so not very feasible for him to travel so often.

Could I please check on the following questions?

- Is it permissible to appoint a lawyer and provide him with vakalatnama for the cases at Bangalore Family Court?

- Could someone please help me with the format of Vakalatnama which I/lawyer can present at the Bangalore Family Court? I browsed over internet and most of the formats are for Supreme Court or High Court.


Any help on the above is greatly appreciated.



 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     19 June 2012

Don't worry about the format of vakalatnama. When you appoint a lawyer he will send you his vakalatnama (where his name is printed) for your signature.

Suhail A.Siddiqui (CEO)     19 June 2012

VAKALTNAMA is Power of attorney, required to file before the court to on behalf of client. It is generally standard on format.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     19 June 2012

why so much tense..ease..

Your lawyer can easily handel this..don't worry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query