Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jill (Manager)     30 December 2011

Spelling mistake in stamp duty

Hi,

Recently i have purchased a 1Bhk from the actual owner of it. (Registration & Transfer of the same is complete)

To explain in detail Builder to 1st Owner to 2nd Owner (I am the 2nd Owner).

The building is brand new & society is yet to formed.

Just recently while scrolling through the agreement between Builder & the 1st Owner, I found that there is a spelling mistake in the 1st Owners surname written on the Stamp Duty Receipt .. its like this .. instead of 'Gambir' its written as 'Gambhir' .. rest everywhere in the entire agreement its written as 'Gambir' including the Pancard of Owner. Also on the agreement between myself & 1st Owner .. the surname everywhere is 'Gambir'.

I require your guidance on this as to what shall i do about it & otherwise its implications ?

Your reply will be very helpful.

Learning

4 Replies

Jill (Manager)     31 December 2011

Can anybody please help ?

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     31 December 2011

A document will be read in full and never in parts for interpreting the contents.

If the spelling mistake does not create any confusion with regard to the person who has executed/beneficiary, it can be overlooked and in subsequent documents the spelling mistake may be rectified. 

Jill (Manager)     01 January 2012

To be on the safer side .. Can i ask the 1st Owner to correct the spelling mistake ?

And is it possible to correct this mistake ?

nilesh chawda (tax consultants)     02 January 2012

the stampduty receipt is nothing but a proof of payment of a revenue levy. mind well it is not the whole and sole evidence . u r behaving as if the whole world is lost. ultimately document's operative clause will prevail

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register