Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hilal (project leader)     03 May 2012

Road accident and death

Dear all,

I had accident with my car and scooter .Rider of the scooter dies after 1 month . I was charged with IPC 304A,279,337 . Altought it was not my mistake , i was going through the  NH47 and schooter crossed immediately in night . Now i have two case running against me . I had a valid license and insurance for the car

1) For the compensation

They are asking a compenstion of 60 lakh , do i have pay this or the insurance company will pay

2) Criminal case by the police .

I had went to court for 4 times , all the time the judge is posponting the date . I would like to know how long the case will run usually and what will be punishment in normal case.

Thanks in advacne

Best regards

Hilal

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar (Family CEO)     03 May 2012

You do need to retain counsel asap. 

Did your insurance cover for third party property and life loss. Check with insurance. 

arpan (advocate)     04 May 2012

If your car was insured and you have a valid driving license, then the insurance company would be liable to pay, you will be absolved from liability to pay compensation if negligence of the scootrist is prooved. i would advise you to go to some advocate.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     04 May 2012

was ur car insured comprehensively or only third party. if it is established that it was the mistake of the scooterist, and not your negligence, then  you will not be liable to pay but  your insurance company.will have to take on.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register