LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M Subramanian (Manager )     23 July 2011

Registration of flat

I am from Bangalore and I have been told by my builder that the Car park charges also will be included in the cost while computing the stamp duty for registration.  My understanding is that Car park is part of the common area for which they claim an amount separately.  Also when they explained, they computed the Stamp duty on the Super built area and not on the UDS of land.  Can you clarify if the super built area  would be considered for computation of stamp duty or should it be only on the UDS of land? 

Learning

2 Replies

Sabir Bose (Service)     25 July 2011

Registration of Flat & Registration of Car Parking Area.

Area of registration of flat to be incorporated in the Deed of Conveyance may be carpet area, built up area or super built up area. Area of Car Parking to be included in the Conveyance is the area provided for the parking actually. Rate of the land/area of a flat is pre-fixed as Mouja wise and available with the Registrar/Sub-Registrar. Hence  the area of the flat as incorporated in the Deed of Conveyance/area of Car Parking space gets multiplied with the rate as fixed/kept with the Registrar/SR - which is the valuation of the property. Upon this valuation, the amount of stamp duty is fixed on the basis of the rate/percentage of stamp duty for registration prevalent in the particular area. Other cost such such registration fees is also fixed which is normally 1 per cent on the value of stamp duty fixed for registration.

Sabir Bose

Legal Executive

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     26 July 2011

Dear Subramanian,

In Bangalore for computation of stamp duty on flats only super built-up area is considered and not on undivided share on land and also car parking value as mentioned in jurisdictional guidance value book with open or covered car parking will be added to the sale consideration amount and on this total sale consideration stamp duty will be caliculated.  Before goinng for registration of your flat kindly visit the jurisdictional sub-registrar's office and seek their assistance, where they will clarify your doubt by calculating stamp duty and registration cost on your flat in writing in your presence.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register