LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

apoorindian (System Admin)     20 February 2010

Procedure to change my lawyer

Hi myself, my mother and my elder brother(groom) indicted in a false 498a case. I fixed my lawyer when I was

under arrest. Now I have reason to believe that he is two-timing me. He is not giving me my case history and copies of Case History. Speaks harshly and insultingly and is pressurising for negotiations with girls family. Also case lodged in a separate state. How will I change him and if we change can he do any harm?

Also we three are in bail bond can we be jailed again??

Please help i ma losing my sleep.


 10 Replies


Dear Author, I want to ask some questions. u can call me at 09871158578.

Daksh (Student)     20 February 2010

Mr.Poorindian (System Admn), Your counsel owes to fulfill your instructions and conduct himself/herself ethically otherwise you have every right to remove him/her as you wish. Best Regards Daksh

apoorindian (System Admin)     20 February 2010

Thanks Daksh and Ms Budhiraja. Yes godwilling I will change my lawyer. I dont want him or her to sugarcoat me but respect me as an individual and give me mental peace.:)

VENKS (S)     20 February 2010


You can ask your lawyer for a "No Objection Certificate" and before that start looking for a new lawyer.  Once you have talked to your new lawyer then you ask for NOC from the previous lawyer.

As far as your case history is concerned, you can get it on your own.  You yourself can apply for the entire ordersheet.  You have to buy a napplication form which costs aroud one rupee, fill it, and in the place of your lawyer's signature, you can mention your "Accused number" (whether A1 or A2 etc) and you can put your signature and submit it.  You will get your cast history in few weeks.  And if you shell out 50 to 100 rupees, you will get it in less than a week.


Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     12 March 2010

you may change your lawyer at any time.

all cocerned papers will get from court as abcd... guided you. no problem for it .

it seems that your lawyer received money from the opponent party (wife side}, better live him otherwise he may be destructive to you.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     12 March 2010

always attend the court, as it is a criminal case. please do not be negligent.

apoorindian (System Admin)     13 March 2010

thanks for your reply but what if my lawyer does not give NOC


you ve full right to take assistance of more then one lawyer. Its is ethics that a client took no objection from his/her lawyer before before engaging new lawyer in the particular case. But if the lawyer refuse to give no objection then file an application before concerning court to withdrawn of vakalatnama n to change the lawyer.

1 Like

needjustice (NA)     26 December 2012

Please let me know how to change lawyer approaching the court. My lawyer is playing around and making us go on errands to return the file and give NOC. Lawyer is demanding lot of money despite having paid in full. 

Munirathnam (Scientist)     26 December 2012

Tell to court to direct the lawyer to give NOC and also you tell to court that your lawyer not cooperating with you. Then your lawyer will not turnup in court next time onwards.... let the new lawyer takes upt the case after some hearings ....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query