Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deependar kumar (Engineer)     03 March 2012

Re-issue of passport with isthigasa filed against me on cour

Dear Members,

My passport will expire in May 2013. I would like to apply for re-issuence of passport in coming months. I am going to apply for Australian Permanent residency from India. Problem is that one of our relative entered our house and threatend us to kill and we registered a case against him in police station. Police done a proper investigation and case has been registered. My relative after 8 months from case registration date filed Isthigasa against us. My parents been summoned and they are attending the court now regarding this case. As I live abroad I never been summoned. We have hired best lawyer of our city and he is saying our case is quite strong and we dont need to worry about. There is no case registered against us in Police Station anyway. My query is :-

1) Does this Isthigasa affect my chances of getting passport Re-issue?

2) Also I need police clearence certificate for immigration?

Thanks and Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     03 March 2012

There should'nt be any problems if there is no FIR. 

Deependar kumar (Engineer)     03 March 2012

Dear Bhagat,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, really appreciated. so basically in simple terms - no FIR in police station means no police record and during verification they won't find out any adverse record as per police record. As I understand police stations do not keep isthigasa record until you are convicted by court. Is it true?  So, it should not be problem for me. Thank you veru much for your help once again.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register