Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna Kumar (Business)     12 March 2012

Is mediation talks are recorded somewhere?

Hi,

I am fighting divorce case against my wife. We both are separated for 2+ years and still she is not willing to join me. I have gone thro' mediation on last hearing. When mediation going on, she was telling lots of lies against me and my parents. To make her cool and to get her back, I did not oppose at that time. So she make that in her positive way and told as I did not oppose she is telling correct. After that I told what she told is wrong to that mediation person.

Now I feel, I must have opposed at that first time itself. I discussed with my lawyer, he is telling dont worry it wont be recorded anywhere. Can you please tell me, did the talks on the mediation center will be recorded anywhere for future reference?

Learning

10 Replies

ashwani vij (head)     12 March 2012

NO ITS NOT RECORDED.  IT DONT EFFECTS THE MERITS OF THE CASE.

ADVOCATE ASHWANI VIJ

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012

I agree, it is not recorded.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Niny (Junior Advocate)     13 April 2012

Mediator Report is confidential, and cannot be take n in evidence ayyhere.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     13 April 2012

its not recorded and it doesnt have any relevance upon the case, as its fought on merits not upon a pack of lies..

(Guest)

Not recorded and has no relevence in the case ~~ Dont be under pressure during mediation and dont agree to anything unreasonable . Avoid monetary settlemets if you know you are right !

1 Like

Krishna Kumar (Business)     14 April 2012

Thanks to everyone who pointed out whats happening in Mediation center. 

But my wife is taking time and postponding the date in mediation center and the mediator postponding the dates one month interval. 

If she present, she says she need time to decide whether to join with me or not. The mediator again giving date one month after. Can you pls let me know how many months this can go.. Already four months I am waiting for an answer whether she want to join me or not.

cm jain sir (ccc)     14 April 2012

What do you want that is important not that whether she will join u or not. You have to clearly say to mediator if you dont want to take back her. Mediation in most of the cases with confused 498a lady is wastage of time and money. MCD or Fight the case on merits if so much confusion is there in her mind.

(Guest)

Dear Krishna

There is no prvisin in Cr.pc or evidence act or any ther rules those provide  right  to Mediation for record the evidence.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     14 April 2012

Mediation proves 2 be a good delay tactic in matrimonial cases if one party wishes to do so

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 April 2012

Fairly commom tactics.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register