Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

goutam (student)     06 August 2011

Inter caste love marriage (girl 18 and boy 19)

i need little a help 
i want to marry a girl she doesnt belongs our caste her age is 18 and iam 19 year old.
but according to our law we can register a marriage when girl is 18 and boy is 19

we both dont have much time we want to get marry soon we cant wait for me to be 21
there is  problem from my family side and  her family dont know  about our affair and will probably going to take steps if we conduct marriage in temple   which is not legally authorized as my age is not 21 so  please suggest what to do next.how to get marriaed as soon as possible by registerring in court or any mean plzzzzzz suggest how to get married before 21 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reply soon

Learning

11 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     06 August 2011

Mr. Gautam

I request you to think atleast 10 times before going ahead with your plan. Because at this age, guys fails to take right decision and ultimately suffers rest of the life.

Even if you have decided to marry, you can go to the marriage officer of your (boys/girls) locality, and put an application for marriage under Special Marriage Act. Under this Act, you boh are eligible for marriage. The M.O will ask you for proof of your marriage, so be ready to prove it. You may also contact a local lawyer who will help you to reach your goal.

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     06 August 2011

Mr. Gautam now u r student and she is also student right what u think about your life? Marriage or Study? Now your age is study so u r study only and your age is 19 year u know that after 21 year u can marry with her? and my personal advice that if girl is set in your family and know your family verywell in that time u tell your family for your affair and says that first u meet my lover she is know our family background and i tell her about our family and our stayle and she is ready for that.

If she is ready to marry with u, first she tell her parents about her affair and both family meet for that. I think Today caste is not imp*rnment but  both r understanding eachother and slove the problem.  

goutam (student)     06 August 2011

but what are the requirements for the registration marriage and after the court marriage will my family will get any information about our marriage by the court or police or by m.o.............

AA RAMAKRISHNAN (SR. ADVOCATE)     08 August 2011

You are not matured enough to get in to the wedlock. Any forcible marriage will create legal complications. But once you are married by any means  the people around you will come to settlement,  whether they are supportive or non supportive.  Love has a cascading effect over all other relations and it has a dashing effect as we see in movies.

A student has every right to indulge in love with a girl or a boy of his choice. Love does not ask for the age.  Only man made laws will ask for the age.  In olden days the people must have produced more than two or three children at your age.  Many secret and child marriages are taking place in India every day.  Your's is not an exeption. You are the master of your life.  You have to take a decision

Vikas Ranjan (HR Manager)     09 August 2011

Dear Goutam,

The age which both of you have are is adolscent age, the decision taken by you sometime may create problem for your survival of your career. There is no matter that you willing to get marriage in intercaste. But the age of you is less than the valid age of marriage according to our constitution. If your decision is final to get marriage urgently then in the special case of marriage, you will get marriage registation if concern authority approve so. For this also you should need the person of refrence who will endorse you as yours' witness of marriage before marriage officer. The suggestion given by Mahpatra & Bharat kumar is valuable. You should also need to consider over this .

Best Regards:

Vikas Ranjan

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 January 2012

Child marriage act bar marriage of a boy below 21 years. Some smart person will advise to go to a Pandit jee and have marriage. The marriage will be illegal and if you live with that girl you commit a crime.

If you are keen go ahead atleast other boys and girls can leanr from you lesson. You are bound to ruin.

akarsh (underwriter)     05 June 2013

Dear BHawani Mahapatraji,]

Its my own grand fathers insurance company i working here @salary of 16,000/-,i want to marry a girl who is 6 months elder than me..as per the law im 20 years,02-10-1993 its my dob.and girl is 16-04-1993.so i want to marriage with her as soon as possible.if i will wait for more one year so i will be eligible to do marriage but her father will not wait..im going dubai for business purpose in december2013..so i want to marry her...suggest me sir,

with regards,

Akarsh.

Shourya rastogi   26 November 2016

Sir, i need help! I am 19years boy, I want to marry a girl how's age is 18years old, i am having my parents in our support for this decision basically her's parents are not having any sort of information that i am having any affair with her so we don't want told them we getting married. Bt the problem as we know that the proper age of getting married is 21 for boy nd 18 for girl. As i know many complications are going to be happen if they know that we tried to get married. but i just want to get married with in under our Indian constitution in a safe way for my family nd in our relationship too and heard many of this type of cases that police complications for the boy's family that they tried to get married in a forced situation to the girl. If i am having written document that i don't forced the girl to getting married with me. So how we have to approach it? ANd what legal documents are needed for this and other requirements?

Sir, i need help! I am 19years boy, I want to marry a girl how's age is 18years old, i am having my parents in our support for this decision basically her's parents are not having any sort of information that i am having any affair with her so we don't want told them we getting married. Bt the problem as we know that the proper age of getting married is 21 for boy nd 18 for girl. As i know many complications are going to be happen if they know that we tried to get married. but i just want to get married with in under our Indian constitution in a safe way for my family nd in our relationship too and heard many of this type of cases that police complications for the boy's family that they tried to get married in a forced situation to the girl. If i am having written document that i don't forced the girl to getting married with me. So how we have to approach it? ANd what legal documents are needed for this and other requirements?

Micheal mike (tax analyst)     10 August 2018

Inter caste love marriage (girl 17 and boy 21)

The girl is about to get 18 years in 5months but we have no time because of lots pressure from girls parents and they are trying to kill me and but the girl is try to attempt sucide,if i die or if her parents make me far from her.

but now they took her way,

what should i do can any one help us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register