Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nijeesh K. (Asst.Manager - HR)     29 May 2008

Gratuity Applicability

Dear Sir,

Can anybody advise me about the eligibillity of Gratuity of one employee who working since last 6 months ?

Regards

Nijeesh

Learning

11 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     29 May 2008

Minimum service of five years is condition precedent for payment of gratuity. Employee is not eligible for gratuity after 6 months of service

Guest (n/a)     30 May 2008

But for balance sheet provision we have to calculate the same ?? Pls advise

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     02 June 2008

The entitlement to claim gratutiy would be only in case of the employee completing 5 years of service.

Guest (n/a)     04 June 2008

I have completed 4yrs and 7 months and have already given my resignation , will i be eleigible for gratuty

Guest (n/a)     16 June 2008

But in death case completion of 5 years of service is not mandatory for entitlement for gratuity.

Guest (n/a)     17 July 2008

may be eligible only if upto date of releving from service you complletes 240 days of service in 5th year of service

Guest (n/a)     19 July 2008

since you have worked more than 5 years. you are eligible for gratuity @15 days wages per year of service. one day wage is monthly wage divided by 26. more tha 6 month service will be counted as one year of service

Saravana Rajan   21 July 2008

In case of less than 5 years of complete service, under situations like death, temination etc the employee becomes eligible for gratuity.

Saravana Rajan

masuresh (HR MANAGER)     23 July 2008

Sir,

One persone worked for more than 14 years and dies in an accident. Is he eligible to get Gratuity only 14 years or up to the date of retirement.

Kindly clarify

Regards

M.Suresh

Saravana Rajan   23 July 2008

As far as I know, the employees is eligible gratutity to the extent of his service in years.  But he is eligible for pension under PF scheme.

Experts, pls comment.

Saravana Rajan

k c sahu (service)     21 May 2009

Is grauity act applicable to a contractor's establishment?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register