LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Govt. is spoiling life of students,and harassing teachers

i am recently appointed on probation period in a delhi administration govt. girls school as TGT teacher(classes 6-10).

earlier i had worked in pvt. schools.

i had a lot of motivation to teach students and help them evolve.

but after joining a govt. school,i learnt of no detention policy,ie,a teacher cannot fail a student in any subject upto 8th standard even if he doesn't know how to write even his name.

in classes 9th and 10th,they have compartment system wherein teachers have to keep taking as many as 5 compartment exams till the studen passes.but they cant fail him!

as a result the entire burden is on teachers.if the child doesn't pass at all,the teacher will be blamed!

as a result of this policy,students have become utterly laid back.they are least interested in studies despite the teacher's best efforts to make the lessons interesting.

then their names cannot be struck off the roles even if they do not come to school the whole year....this is causing huge absentism!but all this is being done in the name of child rights!!

they have reached 10th standard but some of them cannot even write their names..and this way they will reach 11th or 12th standard and then flunk in 12th class boards all of a sudden,which will impact them psychologically..

why is govt playing with these students' lives?

why is govt. harassing the teachers like this?

does it even apply its mind while framing such ridiculous policies???

Learning

1 Replies

Aishwarya (Teacher)     11 April 2012

I can acknowledge ur problem very well being a teacher ....

basically the onus is on the teachers itself , ie a class of 40 or 80 kids , its very hard to do justice and reach every child..so just work upon some kids u will be able to carry on with..and give basic knowldege to the other kids who u find below average or dull..u have to identify them and make groups , put a bright student with the child who needs more help, bring in more teaching aids , make the class environment full of charts and colors , use colorful chalks on BB, involve students in group work, facilitate learning by doing.. ..

But its equally important to realise the educational aims and objectives for the specific course in time..its hard but u can just focus ,atleast  in making a student read ,write and understand basic subjects and moreso for future to be a literate citizen..

the current system of not failing is challenging but i too agree "a child can never be a zero" i always believe this..maybe the grading system may help

but the burden falls on the teacher, the election duty, the surveys, the kitab baaton, paise baaton , forms bharo, clerk wale kaam bhi sab khud karo, lolz.. faltu kaam bhi bhot hai idhar..but dont think ill about it..aise sochoge toh kaam bhari lagega hamesha ke liye..and u have to be here only i beleive so just learn to be happy with it and try adjusting to it ...

but but but its ok sab ho jaata hai just be cool and always be positive akhir bacche hai kuch toh sikhana hi hai har ek ko aisa socho toh kar sakoge.
And who said uve to be bound u have ur kids u can do however u wish to in class to get the learning part done ..do it freely

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register