Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     07 August 2008

eligibilty to become a patent attorney???

gud evening to all of u

anyone can tell me what is patent attorny??what is his job??? the eligibilty to become a patent attorney???

i m a law graduate(B.A.L.L.B)i hve read ipr subject in my law degree. but my frnd told me that to become a patent attorney u must hve passed ur graduation in science subjects..........so plz tell me b.sc is complsory for patent attorney???

Learning

5 Replies

Guest (n/a)     08 August 2008

SIX MONTHS ADVANCED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY TRAINING FOR PATENT ATTORNEYS’/AGENTS’ EXAM.

Institute of Patent Attorneys, India (IPAI) will provide professional training in Intellectual Property Rights for candidates to appear for Patent Agents Examination conducted by Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Govt. of India) through Patent Offices and obtaining qualifications necessary to practice as a Patent Agent/Patent Attorney under the Patent Act and Rules.

CAREER PROSPECTS

Patent Attorneys’ have ample number of job opportunities in Intellectual Property Law Firms, as well as corporate organizations. They can choose channels like in-house Advisors for different organizations or their own IP Legal Firms and Consultancy services

ELIGIBILITY
Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology

Who should join?

LAWYERS - (With Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology)
  RESEARCH SCHOLARS - (With Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology)
  SCIENTISTS
  DOCTORS
  ENGINEERS
  BIOTECHNOLOGIST
  PROFESSORS & TEACHERS - (With Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology)
  EMPLOYEES OF CORPORATE HOUSES - (With Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology)
  PHARMACY GRADUATES
  POST GRADUATE STUDENTS - (With Degree in Science, Engineering or Technology)

The qualifying examination shall consist of the following papers and marks, namely: -
Paper I – Patent Act and Rules - 100
Paper II- Drafting and interpretation of Patent specification and other documents – 100
III-Viva Voce – 100

The qualifying marks for each written paper and for the viva voce examination shall be fifty per cent each, of total marks and a candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination only if he obtains an aggregate of sixty per cent of total marks.

TRAINING

Training through Correspondence and Contact Classes.

COURSE FEE

Rs15000/-(Rupees fifteen thousand only)

Study materials will be sent to the candidates with instructions to study.

CONTACT CLASSES

Contact Classes are organized at New Delhi . There shall be two days contact Classes at the end of the training.

PROSPECTUS AND APPLICATION FORM

The Prospectus and application form can be obtained on payment of Rs250/-by DD drawn in favour of the Institute of Patent Attorneys , New Delhi . BY Courier or by Regd. Post in the following address: -

THE INSTITUTE OF PATENT ATTORNEYS,

D-999, PALAM EXTN. SECTOR-7,

DWARKA, NEW DELHI-110077.

TEL:011 32448503,45542169. FAX:011 45542179

Web: www.ipai.in Email: info@ipai.in

The Last date for submitting the application form and joining is 30th of this month.

EXAMINATION

Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Govt. of India) will conduct Examination through Patent Offices at New Delhi , Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai in April and October 2008.

It is made explicitly clear that the candidates are to apply directly to the Controller of Patents, paying the prescribed fee for the registration to appear for the examination.

Vikram Chandra (Advocate)     08 August 2008

Dear Solanki,

A very good & valuable feedback on patenet attorney & training. Thanks for your information.

regards.

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     08 August 2008

thanks a lot sir...............................

uffffffffffffff i cant choose this field coz i m not from science field. i m only B.A.L..L.B

ANYWY THANKS AGAIN SIR FOR THIS VALUEABLE FEEDBACK

smith sharma (lecturer)     09 August 2008

Mr. chandrasinh solanki,

thanx 4 given this imp information.It's realy imp. 4 me n othre lawyers who belong to science field.thanx again sir.

with regards

mis smith sharma{Lawyer}

chandrasinh (Advocate)     09 August 2008

dear friends i am also a lawyer from vadodara a science graduate.........but according to me still in india IPR take time...

the future is bright as in USA and in England IPR and patent are best growing filed of law......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register