Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhojraj Baral (Advocate)     15 January 2009

Complain to Magistrate

What is the procedure to be followed for complaining directly to a magistrate. Is a lawyer necessary in case if I need to lodge one personally


 8 Replies

sreedhar (advocate)     15 January 2009


Your query is not clear. What you are going to complain to the magistrate?. You can make a private complaint to the concerned magistrate as per sec.200 of Cr.p.c. or if you want to take cognizance of an offence against any person in accordance with law , u can very well file a petition u/s 156(3) of Cr.P.C. Otherwise it would be better to approach the concerned Police Personnels to make a criminal complaint.



PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     16 January 2009

You can file complaint before Magistrate directly regarding commission of any offence unless prohibited by law. The magistrate will decide whether to take cognizance or to send it u/s 156 of Cr.P.C or to dismiss it for non disclosure of any prima facie case. No advocate is necessary. But if do not know the technicalities it is better to engage advocate.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     16 January 2009

You may yourself file the complaint without engaging an advocate.

Jainodin shaikh (Lawyer)     23 January 2009

You can file and conduct your case in person without engaging a lawyer. You will have to file a Supris stating that your want to conduct your case in person. But it is better to engage a lawyer.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     25 January 2009

My dear,

Please read SECTIONS 200 TO 204 Cr.P.C. thoroughly

TARUN   31 January 2009

Yes My Dear,

you can file a complaint personally . But it depends upon what type of complaint you wants to be made


I want to know what is "Supris "in your message ?

A.Mohamed Thaheer (ADVOCATE)     12 April 2009

You can personally make a complaint in written in plain paper to the Magistrate, before calling time in the morning in the open court itself, for which no help of the Advocate is necessary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query