Upgrad LLM

clarification of divorce and maintanance!

It Professional

Husband and wife stayed together only for 2 months after marriage and wife ran away with her father and some other third person and this incident was reported to police station after this incident wife filles a false and fake case against husband and his family under section 498a, 323/504/506 and 3/4 Dowry Act etc., after all the investigation  and formalities it is found that case was false and court also dismissed the case. Now what are the options the husband and his family have to separate from the wife with out giving her any permanent ailmony or maintanance, husband is handicapped in this case and working as a software professional.

Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

You can file the divorce.


You can file an application seeking decree of divorce in the family court of your city.  It is better to consult a lawyer of your area and get file the application seekiing divorce by showing he ground of cruelty

Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

File divorce on the ground of desertion and cruelity, then less chance to pay almoney or maintenance. You can also file a case for defamation on the ground of order passed in 498 etc.

Your further clarification is welcome at nominal fee at;





We also have branches all over India.

With Regards


Dear Friends,

My brother who is an advocate, he says that maintenace is certain in any case. In fact even for live in relationship you have to pay maintenace under DH Act provided both the parties have stayed together any point of time. This way how could one would be able to thwart maintenace?






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x