Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amith (Staff)     05 May 2011

cheated by wife....

Sir,
(Am asking for my friend)

His wife, married an another man, without divorcing her legal husband (ie; my friend)??. She married th second man in the registrar office hiding the fact from the registrar, tht she is already married.
Sir, in this case can my friend file a case against her for bigamy? And sue against her second husband & witnesses?

In such cases whether the court will punish th man who married her second time? (even after knowing tht she is married & not legally divorced). In this case can th court will punish th witnesses (who signed in th registrar office as witness. They also know tht she is already married).
Can the Registrar can sue against her & th parties? (Because, They deliberately mis guided the Registrar).

Can she file a domestic violence case against her legal husband?
In India what is th punishment for bigamy? Is bigamy is treated under civil or criminal procedure, in India & how long it will take for the final judgment?

Learning

5 Replies

mamta kaura wadehra (lawyer)     05 May 2011

YOUR FRIEND CAN FILE A COMPLAINT OF BIGAMY UNDER I.P.C. AGAINST HIS WIFE.HERE THE SECOND HUSBAND DOESNOT KNOW THE FACT THAT THE WOMAN IS ALREADY MARRIED OR MARRYING HIM WITHOUT GIVING THE DIVORCE TO HER PREVIOUS HUSBAND. SO THE SECOND HUSBAND & THE WITNESSES ARE PROTECTED.

(Guest)

second husband knows abt the first marriage.so he can be sued for adultary.

(Guest)

Adultery is applicable on the 2nd hubby only if it is proved that he knew about her first marriage before marrying her.

Bigamy is anyway applicable on the wife, if both marriages are provable.

Amith (Staff)     06 May 2011

Ok, Sir

.. if bigamy is applicable,  whether th bigamy is coming under civil or criminal procedure?

wht legal action can take against the witnesses (for faulty misrepresentation before the registrar & for supporting an illicit relation, deliberately?)?

Can the registrar can sue against th lady, her second husbnd & witnesses?

If she (wife) files a domestic violence against her first husbnd,  does  it have any effect in this situation?

Thrust law group (lawyertrust)     07 May 2011

It is must to have already know that both husband and wife are married. If this understanding is cleared before the next marrige only then they have a good life after new marriage. so always ask truth about your previous marriage before the new marriage.

Regards Thrust law group | Phoenix divorce attorney
To know more about us and dui attorney please visit https://www.azduilaw.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register