Can Landlord cancel excise bar license of defaulting tenant

I have a tenant in my premises who is running a bar for the past 10 years in Bangalore. After the initial agreement, he paid rent for a few months and then stopped paying. When I asked for rent, i used to be threatened by the goons in the bar. after repeated attempts, I gave up collecting rent, and he has not paid for nearly 9 years. I would like to know if I can request the state Excise not to renew his bar license till he clears my rental arrears. I would also like to know if any other remedy is available other than filing an eviction suit which may pull on for years.

Greetings Mr.Ramesh,

No authority other than the Court can rescue you from this situation. You need to immediately approach the Court to evict the said Bar-Owner from your premises. If he threatens you again, you may apprach the Police for assistance and if the Police fail to register case against him, you may approch the Judicial Magistrate and file a private complaint against the Bar Owner.



File this police complaint with the senior police officials and get an FIR lodged through their directions, with the local police station.


File a suit for eviction of tenant with prior notice and pray for injunction and get the copy of order to serve the Excise Office requesting to close the shop.You may also lodge a diary to the local Police Station, if the police authority would not take any action you can file a complain case in a Magistrate Court U/sec.200 Cr.P.C.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x