Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandgo2011 (AM)     25 August 2011

Adjudication of gpa

Hi

I have recently got a Home Loan sanction from Axis Bank for a property situated in Bangalore. I am a resident of UAE and am therefore required to execute a General Power of Attorney (GPA) in favor of a relative to complete the documentation formalities pertaining to the Home Loan.

I want to execute the GPA in favor of my Father, who is residing in Cochin (Kerala). My query is, can the GPA be adjudicated in Cochin instead of Bangalore? Will there be a problem in availing the loan if the GPA is adjudicated in a city other than the property location? Also, what are the adjudication charges he would have to pay in Cochin/ Bangalore?

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     25 August 2011

if u can procure the requisite stamp paper from Banglore and then execute the said GPA in cochin your purpose will be solved....

Sandgo2011 (AM)     25 August 2011

@ Himanshu - I thought a stamp paper is not required. When I execute the GPA at the Indian Embassy in UAE, it will be on a plain white paper (with the GPA format printed on it). The stamp duty would be paid by my Father and accordingly the GPA would be stamped. 

What I need to know is, can he pay this stamp duty in Cochin or does this need to be paid in Bangalore.

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     25 August 2011

payment of stamp duty is a state subject....so if u hv to execute GPA in banglore stamp duty has to be paid in banglore itself.....suggesting more just confirm with bank who is dealing with your home loan....whether a GPA executed in cochin will do the work or not....as it is for their refrence and records....

jayakumar.R (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     05 September 2011

Power of Attorney Adjudication Process.
1) Please Type One Affidavit for Adjudication -Power of Attorney holder should sign the affidavit before Notary public. (and it should Notarized)
2) Covering Letter (request to District Registrar).(Attorney Holder
3) Take a xerox copy of the General power of attoreny received from USA.,(With Original)
4) Address Proof and ID Proof and One Pass port size photo fixed back of the power of attorney first Page.
5) Rs. 105/- Stamp Fee.
Please prepare all the above documents and approch the District Registrar office in your city. they will finish the adjudication process with in a day time and they will hand over to your Adjudicated Power of Attorney.
R.Jayakumar.M.A., B.L.,
---------------------------------------------

Nagesh Kumar   29 March 2021

Dear RT Jayakumar sir

Namasthe

My son who is an NRI has purchased a flat in Bengaluru and made me a co-owner in the agreement with the builder. I reside in Chennai and have address proof here in Chennai. When I want to get the property Registered in our joint name I have to use the Notarised by Indian consulate GPA original in India. He has sent it to me Can I get the adjudication/ Notarising that document done in Chennai for a property in Bengaluru? Will it be valid in the Bengaluru Sub-registrar office for registration of the property? Please let me know Regards Nagesh Kumar CS nageshkumarcs@gmail.co

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/adjudication-of-gpa-216572.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register