LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vrinda (NA)     18 June 2010

Ration card

My two elder sisters are married and my parents and brother are no more, my stepmother and myself are the only left with the maiden surname.

My stepmother do not stay with me and she is having her own ration card.

In my original ration card owned by father, my two elder sisters ( married ) and one of grand daughter and my self are present.

But, as now father is no more and two of them are married can i  remove there name and become the card holder?

Is this possible and   legal to include my two elder sisters name in the ration card  i am  holding?

Is there any rule stating that after marriage the girl (Using her new name ) can not be in the ration card of maternal side?

Request you to please help me in getting out of this problem.    

Awaiting your reply.

Learning

10 Replies

Pritam K (Lawyer )     18 June 2010

Hi Vrinda,

I dont think there is any harm in keeping your sisters name in the ration card. Any ways they will not be able to use ur ration card with there husbands name.

Yes to change or delete the names on the ration card u can give an application in the Nagarpalika or Mahanagarpalika office of your residing town.

Regards,

Pritam

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 June 2010

if your sisters do not living with you, then putting there name is illigal.

vrinda (NA)     18 June 2010

Respected sir,

My one of the sister is living with me, with her family ( i.e Husband , daughter ). coz i cant stay alone in my house.

I have already cancelled her name(Ms. Vidya J. Besharkar ) from my ration card and now she is pressurising me to add her name( Mrs. Tabbsum R.Parkar) with her husband name.

Please let me know wheather it is possible or not ????

Vrinda

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 June 2010

Don't get into trouble. Names of married sisters living elsewhere cannot be included in the ration card. Why do you want to keep their names? 

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     19 June 2010

adding the name possible if they staying with you, otherwise illigal.

vrinda (NA)     19 June 2010

can i add her husbands name too???

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 June 2010

I don't understand your query.

The simple answer is:

If your sister, her husband and her children are staying with you, their names can certainly be added to your Ration Card. But how shall you do it unless they submit proof of surrendering the previous ration card.

in my previous ration card( main holder was my father), all family members included in that.

now as two sister got married the verifer told me to delete thr name.

now one of sister is insisting me to add her name with new surname, and she is staying with me only.

so now is that legal?

if i put there name in my ration card there surname are different as she is married, so still can add it.

Meghna Chitalia (Owner)     09 May 2012

hi,

Im a married woman and want to apply for a ration card.

my name isnt in my dads ration card also.

i however am maintaining my maiden name and have all the documents on the same name.

The flat is on my name. in order to apply for a ration card having mine, my husbands and my baby's name wanted to know how can iot be proceeded. can we all have opur names on 1 ration card since my name is not on my husbands surname.

Pls advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More