LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishal sharma (student)     06 June 2016

Rape or adultery

If a MARRIED girl aged 14 have consensual intercourse with a man, it will amount to rape or adultery?

Learning

10 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     06 June 2016

It will amount to rape only

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2016

Both

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2016

Both

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 June 2016

is not adultery applicable only when she is married ?

Even if she is married, is not that marriage legal ?

What is the status of member and hsi relationship with girl has to be studied and the only advise is asking member to think with maturity.

vishal sharma (student)     07 June 2016

any case law regarding this?? This has happened in a case. I can't find the authorities.

vishal sharma (student)     07 June 2016

mr. reddy u are not getting the point. in a case in court u have to produce case laws. why are u giving moral education here? It is a law point we are discussing. In adultry the victim is husband and in rape the women herself. that is why this question was been asked in mains of judiciary. what i am supposed to do- write about morals there?? plz try to understand what i am asking. 

It is really hurting, when the member who came to the portal for guidance, wishes to preach and insults another member.  This is a very decent forum.  Because of these kind of replies,/ comments many experts are not infact posting their comments.. If experts remain distant from the forum due to such comments it is a loss to genuine queriest and public.  I pray those members who replly to be decent, as perceptions differ and it is not always possible to support the member, when he is on wrong footing and some kind of preaching may be necessary.. (most of the experts by studying the query itself knows the matter and mentality and always keeps a distance)

Please stop further arguments on this issue.

If the query is of academic nature to inform the same in the first sentence while posting a query.  Time and again experts refused to reply such queries of academic nature.  Those questions may also be raised to know the psychology of candidates.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 June 2016

The arrogant way of demanding a reply from the experts here by the querist is disgusting, especially when the student has set his academic question here in this free forum and forcefully demanding a reply is unjustified. He should have maintained some decency in his language while addressing the expert and he cannot dictate terms, than make a request for a reply to his academic query. Thus it is a good situation to stay away from answering the academic query especially due to the arrogance shown by the querist in the free legal advise forums like this where the experts are actually doing charity service for the sake of helping the needy and distressed people.

vishal sharma (student)     11 June 2016

I apologise. will take care in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register