LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

question regarding lawyer's fee..

A LUMPSOME FEES OF RS. 89,000 WAS FIXED WITH MY LAWYER FOR dv ACT,498A CASE AND FOR MUTUAL DIVORCE CASE...NOW DUE TO SOME REASON,THE FIRST TWO CASES COULD NOT BE PURSUED...ONLY MUTUAL DIVORCE...BUT MY LAWYER CHARGED THE WHOLE FEE.....IS HE JUSTIFIED?OR SHOULD HE HAVE JUST CHARGED FOR THE LAST CASE ?

Learning

3 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     15 July 2010

As per me, Lawyers fee depends on negotiation, and quality of lawyer. Once money gone into the pocket can not be recovered by any means. U may complain it at respective BAR council.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 July 2010

yr adv not justified, he is trying to take undue advantage.

you may change yr lawyer at any time at any stage.

(Guest)

Que.: Are Lawyers and Clients relations covered under Consumer forum !

You may mind when I say, now that you tried for false criminal cases first, and when favourable winds caught both of you,  you opted on the opportunity and opted for MCD instead of carrying forward with all three or so suits instructed to file. Well I'm no Lawyer here nor want to be one at any given point of time in my life, but neutrally (read naturally) speaking here, your Lawyer and you as a pleader vis a vis consumer negotiated on some amount and you gave a hint to your Lawyer to prepare the three or so suits briefs for trial accordingly now if a consumer backs out mid way then how HE is supposed to give refund?. For a moment let us not think of 89 K or so worth of fees charged by him!

However, solution are always there to all issues, here it is to talk politely to that Lawyer and he may refund some amount but not all of it for sure and if you offer him few referrals then more cases the better for him courtsey you.

And BTW, it is not my interest here now to know, but were there any lumpsum  money mutually agreed upon in MCD in this brief ? If yes and if those were paid from husband side to you then why ponder upon start line now. And / OR if not, then you may follow the above solution and any resonable Lawyer will consider part / partly refund of fees at one given point of time if emotionally approached.

Mild way to put it across to you is to email this post to him and out of resonability he may consider some refunds, afterall a 89 K worth charges fees Laweyer's main professional charges comes from referrals mostly hai ki nahi :-).

ATB, Rgds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register