Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

asim jana (accounts head)     14 September 2013

Queary on marriage registration date

Dear Sir,

A person's actual marriage date is 12.12.10. For his some legal documentation he wants to get registry certificate. If he now registry his marriage then what is the marriage date as per law? Is the actual marriage date written in marriage registry certificate?

Regards,

Asim Jana

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Registrar needs the proof of marriage with the personal information of the couple.The proof related to date of marriage has to be submitted like Marriage card or invitation.,with snaps of marriage.

So,whatever proof you will submit on that basis your marriage date on registry will be decided.

asim jana (accounts head)     14 September 2013

Sir,

The couple can show their marriage card, photographs etc. from where it will clear that the marriage actually happened on 12.12.10.

(Guest)

Mere Sonu sir jii....

Kya aapke shaadi ke card me date nai likhte hain kya?

Nitin (Law)     15 September 2013

Marriage invitation card is not a valid legal document if there is no signature of husband. For marriage registration both spouse need to be there otherwise only with photos and invitation the registrar cannot issue any marriage certificate and if such certificate gets issued then later the spouse can take legal action against the registrar so I am sure none of the registrar with change date or issue certificate so easily.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     15 September 2013

Originally posted by : Sufferer

XXX

So,whatever proof you will submit on that basis your marriage date on registry will be decided.

I disagree to @ Sufferer's reply.

A. For Registration of marriages which has already been solemnized one needs following MAIN documents AS PER CONTEXT of your questions here;

1. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.

2. Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.

3. Marriage invitation card, if available.

4. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.

All above documents (and others which I omitted mentioning here as they were not relevant to context of your query) should be attested by a Gazetted Officer before submitting.

B. Marriage Certificate will have only date of issues of such Marriage Certificate and will not have date of marriage i.e. 12-12-2010 of parties marriage as asked herein.

C. If you insist for showing marriage date to (some) Authorities then seek True Typed Copy (stamped / signed on each page) of submitted Marriage Registration Form by parties to seek Marriage Certificate along with extract from Marriage Registration Book (Register) Entry kept with Marriage Registrar office via a RTI Application which is admissible as Evidence as per Indian Evidence Act within Indian territories and is also recognized as proof of marriage date for Immigration purposes too.

(Guest)

Tajobsindia

Senior Partner
[ Scorecard : 17431]
PRO CHAT CALL
Thank Contributor : Send PM
Posted about 5 hours ago Quote

XXX

I disagree to @ Sufferer's reply.

A. For Registration of marriages which has already been solemnized one needs following MAIN documents AS PER CONTEXT of your questions here;

1. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.

2. Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.

3. Marriage invitation card, if available.

4. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.

All above documents (and others which I omitted mentioning here as they were not relevant to context of your query) should be attested by a Gazetted Officer before submitting.

B. Marriage Certificate will have only date of issues of such Marriage Certificate and will not have date of marriage i.e. 12-12-2010 of parties marriage as asked herein.

C. If you insist for showing marriage date to (some) Authorities then seek True Typed Copy (stamped / signed on each page) of submitted Marriage Registration Form by parties to seek Marriage Certificate along with extract from Marriage Registration Book (Register) Entry kept with Marriage Registrar office via a RTI Application which is admissible as Evidence as per Indian Evidence Act within Indian territories and is also recognized as proof of marriage date for Immigration purposes too.

Dear Tajob sir jii,

Do all the points which you have mentioned not comes under "whatever proof"?

PS: plz stop uneccessarly commenting.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 September 2013

XXX

Dear Tajob sir jii,

Do all the points which you have mentioned not comes under "whatever proof"?

PS: plz stop uneccessarly commenting.

1. Whatever (proof)’ is a vague pronoun to use in legal matters; it typically expresses surprise or confusion? I underlined it in your first reply for drawing your attention and not as some literotica expression; see it now it is still there and you also re-quoted my underline while replying to me as above!

Remove rainbow glasses and read 5 times query of queriest as to exactly what he is asking from the forum and then 10 times read exact reply of mine then let us spar further in context to this very post.

Observation:-
Person(s) dealing in legal matters in public forums should have digestion to take comments as well as appreciation in one's stride otherwise they are said to be utter public misfits.

(Guest)

A Good reply indeed from you on whatever proof....

Observation:-

Never imagine the content of the Book by it's Title.Don't come to the conclusion on mere word's.Even a Legal drafting is modified by number of way's.

And last but not least Person(s) dealing in legal matters in public forums should have digestion to take comments as well as appreciation in one's stride otherwise they are said to be utter public misfits.

Last Reply..!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register