Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debsumit (Associate Consultant)     29 July 2012

Quashing of fir bearing ipc 354

Hi Experts,

I have been charged with a cross FIR bearing IPC 354. Now as per the police procedure ACP of our zone has sent the entire case to the Police station where the statements of duty officer's team need to be recorded as they are the one who know i am innocent and have done nothing wrong. ACP told me that after this process they wil l forward this file to court to dismiss the case against me.

Just want to know is this the procedure of quashing of chargesheet as my chargesheet date will be due in next 20 days.

Regards,

Debsumit

Learning

3 Replies

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     31 July 2012

if there is no material evidence against you, then the police will file the closure report else it would be a charge sheet which can be got quashed u/s 482 from high court only.

Debsumit (Associate Consultant)     02 August 2012

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. Now if IO starts the closure report procedure then do he have to take the wriiten acceptance from the complainant regarding finally closing the FIR if no evidence is found against me. This information was shared by my IO he told me that in case the complainant reject to give us the acceptance letter from her side then the case will go to court he can't help on this.

Is this is a true fact? Please confirm.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register