LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Kumar (Manaer)     25 November 2013

Purchase of agricultural land in bangalore

Dear Experts, I need a suggestion in terms of rules/regulations to be followed for purchasing an Agricultural property, about 50 kms from Bangalore.

Some points,

1) The intention to purchase this land is to continue agriculture and cultivation in this land.

2) I alongwith two other friends are intending to purchase this land.

3) The land is about 3 acres in size and hence we intend to buy it as 3 parts.

4) The seller is ok with the above arrangements.

However, there are some issues that I need clarification and your valuable suggestions on,

1) I am a proper resident of Bangalore (Karnataka). But do not possess the Pani patra, required for purchasing Agricultural property. But I believe I could obtain it legally, by contacting the concerned authorities, with a clear project plan of what I intend to do with the land.

2) The other 2 partners (my friends) are not from Karnataka and one of them has land in his name in his native.

The questions I need your suggestions to, are as follow.

1) Legally is it possible for three of us to purchase the land? by furnishing all documents and project Plan.

2) Is there an issue if the buyer is from outside Karnataka?

PS: I did speak to my advocate, but unfortunately he is not in a position to answer my questions without seeing the property documents! But I cannot get those documents without paying an advance to the buyer and I could do that only if I am 100% sure that I could proceed with this transaction legally.

please advise, and my sincere thanks in advance to you.

Arun

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register