Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     24 December 2010

Punishment u/s 307, 326, IPC

Dear friends,

Some times an injury  proves worst than death when victim is crippled for life.  Maximum punishment  for attempt to murder (u/s 307) and  for causing grievous hurt  with dangerous weapons (u/s 326) is life imprisonment and for  causing grievous hurt without dangerous weapons (u/s 325) is 7 years imprisonment.

Should there be more severe punishment for rarest of rare cases of attempt to murder or grievous hurt?

Learning

3 Replies

M Ravi Kumar (advocate)     24 December 2010

Tripathi Ji,

I agree on the issue of agony and suffering of victim,I take opportunity to say that stricter punishment ,stricter standard of proof [evidences] required for conviction.Most ppl say death penality shuld be imposed on rape victims.If death sentene is maximum punshment  for rape,automatically conviction will come down,this is the arugument put forward by women rights actvists ,when former Home Minister L.K Advani mooted this idea during NDA rule.

Regards

Ravi

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     25 December 2010

If only the investigation by the police is highly professional bringing everyone involved in the offence (including the abettor) and clinching evidence made available for prosecution our very existing law will serve its purpose. But the biggest injustice happens when `benefit of doubt' is given to majority of cases.

Sir, yourself being a researcher in law will be able to find that justice happens more often in the streets when denied by the courts .i.e. when you find the aggrieved person taking revenge on his opponent when the court of law has given a lighter punishment or acquits owing to `benefit of doubt'.

JSTR

ishaq mohd (advocate)     25 December 2010

sir the punishment providid already is much higher. it is quite possible to get false medical report and you can manage with police.i have seen in many cases the people inserts pellets and gets desired reports from docters

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register