Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rati Singh (Student)     01 March 2011

Provident Fund laws for charitable organizations/NGO's.

I need information regarding provident fund rules or laws for NGO's /Charitable trusts.

Salary break ups,application etc.I am a bit confused regarding all this.

Learning

6 Replies

Legal Eagle (Advocate)     01 March 2011

Does your NGO / Charitable Trust fall within the ambit of the Employees Provident Fund & Msc. Provisions Act, 1952? You need to check that out first. You can go through the act and see if the objects of your Trust are covered under the said act of not. If you still are lost then it is better you consult a PF consultant on this matter. The Act gives you the details as to who is eligible and what rate of deduction is required.

1 Like

Rati Singh (Student)     02 March 2011

Yes it does.

I need to know the computation of  salaries in a foundation which includes the HRA alowances,travel allowances,basics etc.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2011

There is a schedule in EPF&MP ct 1952 which lists the establishemtns on which the act will apply.  Please see iof your business falls within such ambit.  Your charitable character or being NGO will beof conseuqence.  The EPF will be mandatory even if you are Govt company and falling in the category adn employing more than 20 employing (including coutsources and daily wagers) on any particular day.

Roopa Prasad Doraswamy (Principal)     06 April 2015

The notification (see attachment) giving exemption for certain NGOs from the application of the PF laws expired March 31, 2015.  Does anyone have any information if this was extended?

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 262 times
  • Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2015

no attachement found.

Roopa Prasad Doraswamy (Principal)     11 April 2015

Sudhir Sir,

I've attached the notification for your reference.  You will also find it on the web if you just search of PF notification for NGOs.  I've seen the hard copy secondary source versions of the previous years exemptions, but not this one.  Thanks.  

Attached File : 308256 20150411165916 134929633 pf notification for ngos 2010 2015.pdf downloaded: 618 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register