Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Chitale (Propritor)     23 February 2011

property use for commercial purpose

Hello,

I have given 2 rooms of my bunglow to a family on rental basis (They are tenent since 1970 and not on 11 month lease basis).

Their son has purchased a flat and entire family has shifted there.Now the son is using that room as a godown to store food grain sacks for commercial purpose.

I am curious to know is it valid to use the residential premises for commercial purpose ?

Thanks and Regards

Vinay

Learning

3 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     23 February 2011

If you can prove that it was given for residential purpose than only you can take action for its defferenct use otherwise not.

Vinay Chitale (Propritor)     23 February 2011

Hello shashikumar,

Thanks for the reply.

Since the family was staying here since 1970, (the boy grewup right in front of me) all people around us know them well, but I am not sure if this can be treated as a proof.

Since its almost one year, that they have shifted to their new house, they must have transferred their ration card as well. (I think so)

In your opinion what  will be considered as a valid proof of residence ?

Thanks and Regards

Vinay

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     23 February 2011

If you are able to prove the usage by tenant for non- residential purpose, then can seek eviction on the ground " Different User"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register