LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

winny   17 November 2016

Property transfer

We have an apartment in a co-op. housing society in Vadodara, in my husband's name. after his demise the court has given succession to me and my son .Please advice how to transfer the property in our name.


 3 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 November 2016

Produce  death certficate of your father, obtain legal heir certificate from revenue officilas/court

and the succession certificate given by court in your and mother's name and get  the property mutated in your name and your mother's name  as coowners.If you appreciate this answer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

Or produce only Sucession certificate given by the court and get the AARTMENT TRNSFERED IN YOUR NAME and mother's name and by the CHS and occupy  the flat.If  you appreciate this answer please convey my forum thanks by clicking thanks.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 November 2016

There is a prescribed application format for mutation at Revenue level and at Local Authority level (Municipality/Corporation).  Once SC has been issued, on submission of prescribed application with copy of that order, death certificate, you can mutate the property in your name by paying prescribed fee.  Process is simple and routine.  No need to worry.  Visit to the Help Desk, and complete the formalities.

1 Like

winny   21 November 2016

My son and I are permanent residents of the U.S and we are currently working on creating a Power of Attorney from my son to myself for mutation/selling of the above mentioned property. My query is, should this POA be registered in Gujarat itself where the above mentioned property is located or can it be registered in my home state of Kerala?

Thank You!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register