Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     28 October 2010

Property Tax - Need Help Urgent

Dear Sir,

In Our Building/Society, BMC has done the Assessment of Units, in Which BMC has done Assessment for some Unit  & has left others as they were closed / unocuppied by the owners, they have submitted the Assessment in 2007, & has claimed the Property Tax from the Society for Assessed Units from 2007.

Now Till Date there is no Assessment done from BMC, the Society & BMC are fighting on the Rate of the Property Tax charged by BMC, as our Building . Location Comes in No Development Zone.

Now I have one query, for the Units which are not Assessed by the BMC, when will they charge the property Tax from 2007 or from the date which they do again the assessment of the Property/Building, .

I have gone to BMC Office, for checking the same with them, & the Officer replied me that they can not do back dated assessment, so they will charge from which they see or they will ask us to tell them from which date they have stareted the Office, 

Now as per law of land, from which date the BMC can charge the Property Tax for the Units which were not assessed in 2007.

Should I have tell them that This Unit was not assessed in 2007, & from 2006 to till 2010, it was unoccupied, & on this Month october 2010, we have purchased, please do the assessment & charge the Property Tax.

I also gone to the Society Office, but they told that we do not have control on BMC, let see what will they do, but they will charge the property tax from 2007, as we cannot fight BMC,

The Society has also issued a NOC for Purchase of the Unit,

What is the solution for this, should I have to call the Officer & tell him.her to do the assessment. or wait for the BMC to do itself.

Regards

Deepak

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register