LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar   07 October 2016

Property share after farher's demise

Hello I have a question related to property devidation amongst siblings. My grandfather is the karta of HUF and posseses few properties. My father is no mor� with us right now. Prior to his demise he was working with my grandfather in the HUF businesses. My grandfather is still alive but after demise of my father we ( my mother with my siblings ) are not saying with my him. There are 2 siblings of my father who are working on their own and using properties of HUF for their business purpose. According to law can we ask for the share of my father from the properties?

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     08 October 2016

Sagar will u plz explain whether the property is self acquired or ancestral?

Sagar   08 October 2016

Thnk u advocat Bharat, Few are self acquired by my grandfather and few of t'hem are ancestral.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     08 October 2016

Even if they are self acquired once they are thrown in to the hotchpotch of joint family property it becomes ancestral o rJoint family property only. You  can  certainly ask for your father's 1/2  share in property which if divided betweeen you  and two of your siblings 1/2X1/4=1/8 Each  of you , your mother ,your father's widow and you  3 siblings would get 1/8th share assuming that your father ha sno siblings of  his own..If you appreciate this  answer please click the thnakyou button on this  forum.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     08 October 2016

Cancel out the entire answer of the aqbove. It is wrong. Your  father gets only 1/3 rd of propeerty of your grand father as he has two siblings..That !/3 rd will have to be divided among  your father's widow and  you and you siblings would get rest of thje property equally. You  didn't write how many siblings you've. If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you  button on this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register