property share

I am 65 years old. i  and my mother inherited some agricuture land (equal Share) upon my father's death.Upon my mother's death her share of property as also another piece of land which she inherited from her mother also came to me.

I have two daughters and one son. Of  two daughters , eldest aged 36 ,is married and settled abroad. The second daughter, aged 33, is visually handicapped and fully dependent upon me and my wife. our son aged 30 years,is also married  ,but staying independantly. He does not look after any of us and is denanding his share of property.

Over the years, I have sold part of this land to meet obligatory expenses such as treatment of sickness of my daughter, education of children  and their marriages. I have sold some land in order to part finance purchase of dewelling unit. Please advise me on the following :-

A. What is the legitimate share of land  of my son while I am still alive?

B. Can he demand share in our house and other liquid assets ? If so  to what extent ?


practicing advocate

the properties are inherited. you,your wife,son,daughters will get equal share in the properties. i.e., 1/5th share.

Property due diligence 9422773303

he will get the right to ht eextent his share. better way tranfer the liquid assets to ur handicaped doughter right now. and creat her net worth in fixed assets also. ask ur abroad setteled doughter to dischrge her share for her sister.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x