Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dheeraj (Company Secretary of BPSL's group compnay (NISL))     29 July 2013

Property rights of parents

Good Morning Professionals...

Today i join this club for a query about family disputes,  please give your advice:

In a joint family, parents have one married son and three unmarried sons out of these three, two are living with them and one is working out of station from last 6 years.

Now married son and his wife are pressing.

Give us the house in which we are living. Transfer them in my name. We want to sell our part and want go and live away from you.

and other three sons are working and they don't have any interest in parents property because they are in parents favour.

Parents say, this whole house is our own property.

You have no legal rights in our property. We can give it away to any charitable purpose also.

Anyway, we don’t want to sell our property until we live. Parents said.

Everyday, quarrels takes place in their house. There is no peace in house.

What legal advice or counsel can I give to these parents?

Legally speaking, in their self acquired property sons have no rights.

Regards

Dheeraj

Company Secretary

Learning

2 Replies

NGOKC (pm)     01 August 2013

parents should refuse to transfer the house

They should ask the son to move out for their protection

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 August 2013

answer it self is in your query 

being a self acquired property your father can write the property to charitable 

i know about the consequences when four children are there and one child is pressing to divide the property it better to give him the required cash and write down an agreement that it is his share from the property and leave the house 

because others sons are not interested right now in the share of the property but in future they may demand

even if your father sells the property and wants to divide means the share should be 5 parts four children and your father share 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register