LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phani (none)     07 March 2013

Property partition


I have a query regarding property partition. My Father has an ancestral property. Now he want to divide it between 4 siblings( 1 son and 3 daughters - all married). We all( siblings) dont have any sort of issues and want the division be done in a most economical way possible. Each one's share has been already decided long bakc and all are happy with it. At the same time we all feel that they my mother and father hold some property under thier name which would be inherited by me after their lifetime. If a partition is to be written, should the complete property be divided or can hold some property which would be transferred to the son later on? What kind of partition needs to be executed in this case? I believe that the charges in AP for this kind of partition is 1% of property value.

Kindly suggest







 1 Replies

prakharved (Medical officer)     04 July 2013



As per the Hindu Succession Act, there is no difference between a man and woman in property inheritance. So in presence of your sisters, there is no law that transfer property that is not a part of a will to the son (you) directly. Make sure that all the property divided and mentioned in the will. 


In theory, Intestate proeprty may be claimed by all legal heirs of a person who dies without a will



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register