Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Subbannan   29 January 2020

Property partition

partition related query

Total Replies : 0 

Karthik Subbannan     29 January 2020sir
my father wants to partition his property between me and my brother. 
Property A - My father got this agricultural land through registered will dated 1973 from his. maternal grandmother which was self acquired by her. 
Property B- This property is a vacant land who has got this land by registered will in 1975 from his mother which was again self acquired by her

in both the above property nothing was given to my aunt as my father haf done the marriage expenses of the sisters. But nothing was mentioned in both the will. 

my question is.
1) is my father is the only signatory required for doing settlement to me or my brother?
2) will there be any legal risk if only my father signs the settlement or partition deed?
3) is settlement deed better or partition deed

thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 January 2020

Since you mentioned the properties are self acquiered by your garnd mother and mother so they have absolute authority to do whatever they want to with their properties; your father has received by way of will the properties then there is no question of anyone else to claim the properties except those who are mentioned in the will.

It is better you make a settlement deed and mention everything in that, and make your aunts to sign as witness in the deed..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register