LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ritesh kumar singh (NCO)     23 June 2012

Property distribution between brother

DEAR SIR, I HAVE ANCESTRAL PROPERTY AT THREE PLACES. I WANT TO DISTRIBUTE AMONG MY BROTHER.MY FATHER IS STILL ALIVE.BUT MY BROTHER DOESNOT WANT TO GIVE ANY PROPERTY SHARES TO FATHER FOR THEIR STAY, THEY WANT 50-50.IS THERE ANY LAW TO GIVE PROPERTY SHARES TO FATHER.PLEASE SUGGEST ME FOR SMOOTH DISTRIBUTION OF PROPERTY.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 June 2012

In whose name the property is? If the property is 'ancestral' how can your brothers oust the father from the inheritance? Father is definately entitled to his share. 

1) ONE PROPERTY IS THE NAME OF MY MOTHER, NOW SHE IS NOT ALIVE.

2)ONE PROPERTY(I.E BUILDING/FLAT) IS THE NAME OF ME & MY BROTHER(FATHER WANTS TO STAY)

3) ONE PROPERTY IS THE NAME OF ANCESTORS.

1) ONE PROPERTY IS THE NAME OF MY MOTHER, NOW SHE IS NOT ALIVE.

2)ONE PROPERTY(I.E BUILDING/FLAT) IS THE NAME OF ME & MY BROTHER(FATHER WANTS TO STAY)

3) ONE PROPERTY IS THE NAME OF ANCESTORS.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 June 2012

In the property which is in the name of your mother, your father have equal share along with you and your siblings.

In the property which is in the name of your ancestors, your father is equally entitled to a share along with you and your siblings.

The property which is in the name of you and your brother, if it is your self acquired property then, father has no legal share in it. But if it is acquired with joint family funds then, father is also entitled to a share in it.

Vaibhav (Officer)     14 May 2014

My grandfather have purchase the room in chawl but it has not been registered yet in BMC off on his name. It is in still owner name that is alive. Assessment tax is unpaid in years. He left five sons behind. Grandfather, Grandmother, and his first son Decease. I am the son of his elder son. What we need to do for register the property in my name or my mother name. After register the all son wants to sell the property but I am not ready for the same. In that case can we stay there in this house? And if we are ready to sell how much the share it would be?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register