LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   23 April 2018

Property distribution

Sir my father has a land which is inherited from my grandfather , 4 generations old and house in which was constructed by my father and uncle together . They have divided their farm land already 7yrs ago ,1) so question is whether it is my father's self acquired property or ancestral property & 2)we are 3 brother's ,I am the youngest and my parents live with me because my brother's are not willing to share responsibility. So whether my father can write me all the property or 50% of it if he wants as my brother's are threatening to take legal action considering it as ancestral property .

Learning

3 Replies

Abhishek   23 April 2018

There is a commercial land also in which he wants to give me the total front side .So whether it is possible if he wants to make a registered will . Can my brother's dispute his will ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 April 2018

Which personal law applies in your case?

Or are you all Hindu?

The said partition deed is registered and mutations are updated per deed by boundaries?

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 April 2018

You have confirmed that property is 4 generations old and ancestral……

Believing that you are Hindu.

Your father ancestral property is devolve upon his ClassI legal heirs if IT is not disposed by him in his life time by a valid/registered deed..

He cannot dispose share of other Co-sharers…

In case of property that is self acquired he can dispose in his life time by a valid/registered deed..in anyone’s favor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register