LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Arora (Software Engineer)     27 February 2012

Property dispute with family

Dear All,


I need some suggestion regarding the residetial and commercial property ownership disputes. We have a family residence where my father stays with my elder brother and his family. We are two brothers. My mother passed away. The property is in the name of my mother. So do we have equal property right on the said property? Currently I am not staying at the said residence since last 3 years. My brother is having a cheat sort of mind and my father is quite biased to him. I need suggestion that how can I initiate the right for my share of property? Am I eligible for the share equally?

Also we have a family business where my father and mother are owners. Can I also raise a dispute against them to have my share of business property or any other suggestion so that I will not get cheated about the business and its property.




 4 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     27 February 2012

Your right in these properties so u file  suit for that in court.

1 Like

Sachin Arora (Software Engineer)     27 February 2012

Thanks for the prompt response. One more thing I need to know is how strong is our positions in such matters. Is it really easy way go?

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     27 February 2012

Yes, Position is very well but the evidence is most important in court matter so u collect or check all evidence in your side.

1 Like

Sachin Arora (Software Engineer)     27 February 2012

What sort of evidences are required in such cases as the registry is the only proof of ownership and that is in the name of my mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query