New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonyms User ( )     05 January 2016

Property dispute and divorce


I have been married since Jan 2008.. In Feb 2014, I moved out (or forced to moveout) after I refuse to accept my husband's extramarital affair.. We have a jointly owner 2 BHK flat with home loan.. My husband is solely having possession of that flat eversince I moved out.

For past one year he has stopped paying EMIs and entertaining bank calls. I can't pay the EMIs as my entire salary less than the monthly interest itself.. But bank people are harrasing me for the same as I am the co-owner and hence the second applicant.. Bank is not ready to seize the flat as well.. My husband is not entertaining any calls from me or bank...

I am also waiting to getting this property issue to be resolved before filing Divorce case...Is there are way I legally ask him to take sole ownership of property and loan as his salary is more than twice the EMI amount... 

Thanks in advance..


 2 Replies

jagannath magar   05 January 2016

Why are in hurry to give sole ownership of flat to ur husband ? You also Don't entertain to bank.Let the bank take legal steps for recovery of loan .you have not disclosed bank's name and ur financial contribution for purchasing flat. Ur bank agreement details .Considering ur matter details there is no legal difficulty of flat ownership for filing divorce petition. Thanks J a magar

Anonyms User ( )     08 January 2016

Thanks for your response.

Reason for giving-up flat ownership:

My husband is more interested in divorce .. he has also tried to make me sign the divorce papers without knowledge of either of our parents... So if I sign divorce papers he will not never resolve the loan issue. As this loan is used as a tool by my husband to mentally harass me (to punish me for involving our parents into this and reuining his reputation).

I have already wasted seven best years of my life .. now I don't want to do that any further.  I am looking for closure to the matter. I am ready to give-up all the money I have given for downpayment... I not looking for money as I firmly believe in giving importance to time not money.. 

Hence I am looking for some option where I can legally ask him to take full responsibility of loan (even at cost of transferring the flat to him). Please suggest if any option is available in law...

P.S. Loan is from Sate Bank of Hyderabad and due to reasons best know to themselves ther are not ready to legally seize the flat.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register