LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     15 June 2015

Property despute

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of my grandmother before marriage, G.P.A. registered with a Sub-registrar office in Delhi. but G.P.A. had signed by my father, no signature & thumb impression of my grand mother on G.P.A. now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011. now my father's brothers (other sons of my grandmother) ask for their share in this property pl advice..

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     15 June 2015

All the legal heirs will be entitled to share in the property.

Amol Kende (No)     15 June 2015

Right all sons as well as daughters also entitled with the property this is the mistake what done by your father whether its signed but proper owner name is the grand mother hence on documentary this property owned and purchased by your grand mother only your father need to take owner of the property with his name only not to take it with the mothers name.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 June 2015

Since the property owner was your grandmother, who has died intestate (without any will) the property will be divided equally between all her (grnadmother's) children despite the fact she did not sign the GPA executed in her favour. However, the property cannot get title  transferred in favour of attorney. Consult a local prudent lawyer.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register