LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cyril porter (Government service)     10 October 2011

Property

I could not find my earlier query on this site. Therefore, I am submitting my case afresh.  There is a property which was purchased by my Aunt (my father's sister). The property was purchased sometimes in1950-60 appx.  Before death she handed over the papers of the property to her younger sister. The papers are now either with my elder sister or elder brother.  But actual possession is not clear as they are not divulging.   it is also not known or is not being divulged as to in whose name the property papers are now i.e.whether the present possessors of the papers are legal owner of papers through WILL OR GIFT OR THEY ARE JUST CARRYING PAPERS WHICH ARE IN THE NAME OF ORIGINAL OWNER(s). WE are eight sisters and brothers.  All are aware that the property is going to be disposed off.  My elder brother's wife seems to be striving to usurp the major portion of the sale proceeds. 4 brothers and 2 sisters are staying in the said property.  I am staying with my in-laws in Delhi (my brother in law i.e. my husband's younger brother-my brother expired in 2001) with my two children (adult).

There are other three relatives who are living in that property and it is been made known that they are also claiming their share in the sale proceeds.  Of all the claimants, 3 are unmarried.  Kindly advice as to whether I have share in the property.  At this juncture I think that I may not be able to provide more information.

Kindly also tell as to what action I have to take.  Also if the property is sold clandestinely, what option is open for me/other sufferer. Kindly elaborate.  This may please be assinged priority as the property is being disposed of at an early date. (The cost of the property is something around 10 crores.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register